CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Something For My Lovely Friends

Salam..

Hi Guys. I'am very happy to sharing what I learn in lab for all of you. Maybe you know that, but I still want to share with you, my lovely friends in set 39 foundation english. By the way I'm very sorry if have a wrong, and I hope all of you can help me to do the right.

  • 'some' and 'any' are used with plural countable and uncountable nouns. We usually use "some' in positive statements and 'any' in negative statements.

  • We usually use 'any' in questions, but you can also use 'some' if you expect a 'yes' answer.

  • A measuring word can be a kind of quantifier. It can tell us the quantity or amount of something.
- there's one piece of cake left
- she has a lot of friends
- we're got a few biscuits
- I want a slice of pizza
- please buy me a dozen eggs

  • We use 'a few' , 'a many' , 'a lot' , and 'lot of' with countable nouns.
-I've got a few good friends.
- some chairs are in the back room.
- he doesn't have many good ideas.
- they bought a lot of things from the market.
-they were lots of book in the basement.


  • We use 'some' , 'a little' , 'much' , 'a lot of' , and 'lots of' with uncountable nouns.

- I only have a little time.
- she doesn't earn much money.
- you need to drink a lot of water.
- my father drinks lots of tea.

OK.. that what I can give and I hope you like its, hehehe..



GOOD LUCK & SMILE ALWAYS LIKE ME.. HEHEHE





















1 comments:

foundation39 said...

Thank you for your contributions towards class lesson.. you have done the good research on the use of determiners. excellent.. keep it up.

Miss Hafsa